Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    I picked up this cable from monoprice:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030307&p_id=5456&seq=1&format=2

When using this cable on the provided wall adapter or any other usb wall adapter i get the message: "This cable is not recommended for this phone" that pops up on the screen for about 5 seconds and then goes away...

When i plug this cable into a usb port on a computer, it's fine, charges fine, and there's no message... Any ideas?
    • CommentAuthorv941726
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2010 edited

its just lg's way of telling you that they know you didnt buy their product and hopefull scare you into buying oem...it will work fine..hopefully it will last for you though. for $1.02, if it lasts a month who cares. its a throw away..i got a couple oems on ebay for about $6 a piece. free shipping. also, an oem battery for $10..
    i have many of monoprice's cables and haven't ever had a problem with any of them... i'm hoping this is exactly what you're saying... a non-issue.
    • CommentAuthorv941726
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2010

it is....motorola does it too. dont sweat it. generic stuff has been hit or miss for me..it wont hurt anything though
    Sometimes the phone recognizes you are not using the generic charger that came in the packaging, so It will give you a warning message. This happens if you plug in an ENV3 cord to it, and the ENV3 cord in the touch Charges it only 1 bar.....so the phone is trying to say if it doesnt fully charge, its not my fault
    • CommentAuthorallanc
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2011

The last post on this topic is over a year old, so I don't know if anybody cares anymore ... But I encountered this tonight, and want to turn this message off.
    I did the requisite searches, and was unable to find any way to disable this message.

So I did a little digging and found the system is launching the executable "\windows\LBS_Bubble.exe" with the parameter "/invalid_charger"
    I considered disabling this executable entirely, but it looks from this (http://www.lg-incite.com/pre-installed-lg-incite-software/lbs_bubble/?wap2) as though lbs_bubble.exe is used to display other power/battery messages. So I want to enable its other purposes, but prevent the dialog box when the /invalid_charger option is specified.

I don't have a great solution, but have one that is functional:
    1. Rename \windows\LBS_Bubble.exe to \windows\LBS_Bubble_original.exe
    2. Fire up Visual Studio, Create a 'Smart Device Project'
    3. Paste in the code below, compile
    4. copy the resulting executable to \windows\LBS_Bubble.exe

The executable starts, inspects parameters, if "/invalid_charger" is specified, it quits. For all other options, it runs the original program.

So far this appears to have fixed my issue in that the annoying dialog box no longer appears when I plug in my phone.
    Of course, YMMV. Use at your own risk.

Allan

using System;
    using System.Text;
    using System.Diagnostics;

namespace lbs_bubble
    {
    class bubble_replace
    {
    static void Main(string[] args)
    {
    String argString = "";
    Boolean doNothing = false;
    int numArgs = args.GetUpperBound(0);
    if ( numArgs >= 0 ) { // At least one parameter was specified
    argString = args[0];
    if (argString.Equals("/invalid_charger")) // Refuse to proceed with this parameter
    {
    doNothing = true;
    } else {
    for (int i = 1; i<= numArgs; i++) {
    argString = argString + " " + args[i]; // Create a string with space-delimited arguments
    }
    }
    }
    if (doNothing)
    {
    // Do Nothing
    } else {
    //Let's run the real binary with the requested parameters
    Process realBubble = new Process();
    realBubble.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = true;
    realBubble.StartInfo.FileName = "\\windows\\LBS_Bubble_original.exe"; //Put the original binary here
    if (argString != "" ) realBubble.StartInfo.Arguments = argString; // Send in all parameters to the original binary
    try {
    realBubble.Start(); // Run the real binary
    } catch {
    // Unable to launch the original LBS_Bubble executable.
    // Feedback to the user in this case would be nice.
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }